Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Galveston-area church cookbook, a lovely coffee drink!
- 170.09 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 354.88 ml water
- 236.59 ml milk
- 44.37 ml dark roast coffee or 44.37 ml espresso
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- sweetened whipped cream, for topping
- In a large saucepan, combine chocolate chips, half & half, water and milk. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, whisking constantly, until chocolate melts.
- Whisk in coffee, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Serve immediately, topped with whipped cream.
Decadent! Rich and tasty but so easy! I don't like whipped cream on my coffee so I topped mine with steamed milk froth. Thanks for this keeper!
I really enjoyed this tasty treat Loof. I used a nice dark roast. I made this exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Loved the addition of the vanilla extract in this. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely drink, which I will make always, being the coffee drinker that I am. Kudos my friend.
This was great I just bought a nice dark roast that was pretty inexpensive from wholefooods. I never tried to make fancy coffee at home before this was easy and gave it a little flavor flare. Thanks. Made for ZWT 6 for Looney Spoon Phoodies.