World War II Cake
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (heaping)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine the Miracle Whip, sugar, and cocoa. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking soda.
- Add hot water and vanilla to cocoa mixture. Add this to the flour mixture and blend well.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My Mom used to always make this cake but we called it Miracle whip cake ( we have a totally different cake called War Cake LOL) So easy and MOIST. My DD says it is now her favorite cake. I debated for hours over what or if I should frost it. It was never frosted in our house. So I choose to dress it up (not that it needs it) with a raspberry coulis and raspberry whipped cream. Keeper for us and going in the divine Cookbok LOL Made for Photo Tag Feb 2009 loof thanks for this walk down memory lane and recipe. My Mom has Alzeimers and her cookbook has gone missing so this recipe has been lost
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY