Recipe by BecR
Delicious and comforting spiced hot rum punch, by-the-mug!
Top Review by PanNan
I loved this warm and comforting drink. The flavors all worked very well together. I have a cold and this really hit the spot. In fact, I had it two nights in a row! One note of caution, though - for many microwaves 2 1/2 minutes on High will cause a boil over (my first one did). 1 minute and 45 seconds was plenty in mine. Thanks for posting.
- 5 ounces apple cider
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- fresh orange slice (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Into a microwave safe mug, pour the apple cider, orange juice and the rum.
- Stir in the sugar and add the cinnamon stick and clove.
- Heat in microwave on HIGH setting for 2 1/2* minutes (*please note: use caution here, as all microwaves are different- - your drink may be hot in only one minute!), until hot.
- Remove the spices and discard.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and an orange slice for garnish.