Prep 6 mins
Cook 15 mins
I wanted to make corn muffins, but also wanted something a little different, I came up with this. It's not spicy, but just spiced with some of my favorite spices.
- Heat oven to 425°F Coat muffin pan with non stick spray.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together the wet ingredients, not including the cheese, in a small bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until almost no dry spots remain. Add the cheese at this point and mix until everything has been moistened.
- Fill 12 muffing cups 1/2 full and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Dee-lishous. I used the silicone pan because it's a bit deeper than the standard muffin pan but I dislike it because nothing browns in it. Never the less the corn muffins taste great. I skipped the sugar as I don't care for sweetened corn breads, replaced a tablespoon of the milk with the same amount of juice from a jar of jalapenos which gave them a great heat. Love, love, love the use of the cumin, turmeric and coriander. I made 6 muffins, had one with dinner, and I'm popping the rest into the freezer to enjoy soon :D. Thanks Chef Jean for a terrific corn muffin recipe.