Spiced Pumpkin Muffins
- Ready In:
12 to 18 muffins
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, ginger, and salt until well combined; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly beaten; whisk in the brown sugar.
- Continue whisking about 2 minutes or until the mixture is thick and pale brown.
- Whisk in the pumpkin, buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture until incorporated (do not overmix).
- Prepare muffin pan by spraying each indentation and the rims around them wtih nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill prepared pans 3/4 full.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 22 minutes or until muffins are dark brown with rounded, cracked tops (a pick should come out with a few moist crumbs attached).
- Place pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Gently rock each muffin back and forth to release and remove it from pan.
- Cool muffins on wire rack for 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!