Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is the easiest recipe ever! Absolutely delicious. A roasting pan with a tight fitting lid or a flat bottom oven ready pan with lid. Serve with a salad, rice, noodles or potatoes. I have made with all breasts or wings. I prefer 8 to 10 assorted pieces of cut up chicken. You do not need hot peppers to make a dish spicy, Ground dry mustard does the job. I have had rave reviews. A eye catching dish.
- cut up broiler-fryer chicken
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 7.39 ml ground mustard
- 1.23 ml ginger
- 1.62 ml ground basil or 1.62 ml fresh minced basil
- 19.71 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml milk
- 14.79 ml cooking oil or 14.79 ml Pam cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredieents.
- Pat chicken pieces dry.
- Beat egg and milk in a medium bowl.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Place cooking oil in roaster pan or spray roaster with Pam.
- Place individual chicken pieces in egg milk mixture. Place in bowl of flour mixture. Spoon mixture over each individual chicken piece.
- Place them in roaster pan.
- Sprinkle remaining spice flour mixture over all of the pieces.
- Drizzle any remaining egg mixture over the chicken.
- Cover. Bake 1 1/4 hours to 1 1/2 hours until done.