1/2 Photos of Spiced Butter (Niter Kebbeh)
1 hr 5 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, melt the butter slowly over medium heat; do not let it brown.
- 2Then bring butter to a boil.
- 3Stir in the onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered and undisturbed for 45 minutes.
- 5Milk solids on the bottom of the pan should be golden brown, and the butter on top will be transparent.
- 6Slowly pour the clear liquid into a bowl, straining through cheesecloth.
- 7It is important that no solids are left in the niter kebbeh.
- 8Transfer the kebbeh into a jar.
- 9Cover tightly, and store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Butter (Niter Kebbeh)
Serving Size: 1 (1056 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6618.9
- Calories from Fat 6635
- Total Fat 737.3 g
- Saturated Fat 466.7 g
- Cholesterol 1952.2 mg
- Sodium 110.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: