Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is so yummy served with frozen vanilla yogurt. The aroma fills the house with the smell of "apple pie". What a delightful way to end the day! Recipe is courtesy of Best Loved Slow-Cooker Recipes.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried apples
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken into halves
- frozen yogurt
- additional cinnamon stick (optional)
- Mix the juices, apples, cranberries,honey and cinnamon stick in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until liquid is absorbed and fruit is tender.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick halves.
- Ladle the compote into bowl and serve topped with frozen yogurt.
- Garnish with additional cinnamon sticks, if desired.
Made in the crock pot overnight adding cardamom and 1 cup of water cutting the honey down to 1/4 cup and woke early to the wonderful warming aroma of this compote. A nice way to start the day! Skipped the frozen yogurt. Put it in a large glass mug and enjoyed.
This is very good! I set up the crock pot last night...and served it this morning with Gingerbread Pancakes (GingerBread Pancakes) Yummy!! Thanks for the great recipe! Next time (and there will be a next time) I'd like to try it with the frozen yogurt!!