Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tea that can be made to give as gifts at Christmas or to just enjoy. Easy to make and brings back memories of my mother (now deceased) making this (and the cocoa mix) to give to friends and family every Christmas. A family tradition. This recipe comes from The Blue Denim Gourmet cookbook (published by the Junior League of Odessa, Inc. Odessa, TX). (can sometimes be found on Ebay)... my all time favorite cookbook.
- 2 cups Tang orange crystals
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup instant tea
- 1 (6 g) lemonade mix
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and put into air tight container to store.
- Put 2 - 3 tsp (or to taste) in a cup of hot water, stir and enjoy.
- It is easy to get too much so I would start with 2 tsp and keep adding until it is to your liking (I bought some cute bottles with stoppers at Ikea that look really nice.).
I can't wait to make this as gifts! The addition of the lemonade mix was different from other spice tea mixes I've tried, and I really like it. Thanks for the gift idea! Made for Fall Pick A Chef '08.