Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Heres a quick, very tasty and heathy recipe that might just become a favorite. This was designed for an outdoor grill but I use my broiler and it works fine. Ti leaves are in the ingredient list (to be served on) but the Zaar puter won't accept it. It was optional anyway.
- 680.38 g boneless skinless fresh salmon fillets or 680.38 g tuna or 680.38 g halibut or 680.38 g swordfish steaks, cut about 1 inch thick
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml snipped fresh basil or 4.92 ml dried basil, crushed
- 14.79 ml cooking oil
- 14.79 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml pepper
- lemon wedge (optional)
- grilled summer vegetables (optional)
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- In a small mixing bowl combine lemon juice, garlic, basil, oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper, brush mixture over fish.
- If desired, place fish fillets in a greased grill basket, turning thin ends under to make an even thickness.
- Grill on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill fillets 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, brushing halfway through grilling with remaining sauce (If fish is 1 inch or thicker, turn halfway through grilling.)
- Serve on ti leaves, with lemon wedge and grilled vegetables, if desired.
- *Note: If using ti leaves, be sure they have not been sprayed or treated in a way that would make them unsafe for contact with food. Wash them thoroughly before using. Ti leaves can be used as garnish and as wrappers for steaming and grilling food. Although they are not toxic, they should not be eaten.
We loved this quick and easy way to prepare fish! I used thick Ahi tuna steaks in a greased grill basket on the barbeque. I grilled them about 10 minutes on each side as I like my tuna done in the middle. I used fresh basil and my cooking oil was a Persian lime infused olive oil, which added a wonderful citrus element to compliment the lemon juice. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe! Made for ZWT 9 the Scandinavian Seafood Cooking Challenge for The Apron String Travelers.
This fish had a great flavor, I do wish I had marinaded like some others had, as I felt the flavor would have been more bold. However, we enjoyed it just brushed on. Made for ZWT9 seafood challenge.
Great flavors! I poured the mixture over the fish and let it sit about 5 minutes, and then brushed it during cooking also. Fish was nice and moist (cooking time was right on). Made for ZWT 9.