Sour Cream Fish Fillets
This is a Hungarian recipe called Betyar Fogas. This recipe is from recipegoldmine.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fish fillet
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- If fish fillets are large, cut into serving pcs.
- Pat fish dry.
- Arrange in ungreased 12 x 7&1/2in baking dish.
- Cook and stir mushrooms and onion in butter until mushrooms are golden, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon mushrooms mixture over fish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix sour cream and cheese.
- Spread over mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake ucovered at 350 degrees F until fish flakes easily with fork, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This fish recipe is delicious! I had to make some with mushrooms and some without due to my son's hatred of mushrooms. I loved it with the mushrooms....gave a meatier taste to the fish. I used a light mahi mahi, but wish I had used a swordfish steak. My son ate three pieces, so that is a win! Thanks for posting!!
Made this using steelhead trout and will admit that I was just a tad bit unsure of the sour cream. There was no need to be as it came out marvelous. Lovely flavors that play very nicely together. If fact, I would happily serve this to guests. Used Panko crumbs and they worked well. Thanks Lynn for another way to serve fish.
I was a little doubtful about this recipe, but fortunately I went ahead and made it. I doubled the amount of mushrooms, and added two chopped green peppers, as I wanted to use them up. Added 2 minced garlic cloves, Used Greek (strained) yogurt, as we don't have sour cream where I live. Other than that, followed the recipe and was very happy with the final dish. The only thing I would change would be to use a pan which just holds the fish fillets - mine was a little spread out, even with the extra veggies, which therefore stuck a little at the edges of the pan . I will certainly make this again - it was quite easy - only the prep of the veggies was a little time consuming.