1/6 Photos of Speedy Fish Fillet
Heres a quick, very tasty and heathy recipe that might just become a favorite. This was designed for an outdoor grill but I use my broiler and it works fine. Ti leaves are in the ingredient list (to be served on) but the Zaar puter won't accept it. It was optional anyway.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless fresh salmon fillets or 1 1/2 lbs tuna or 1 1/2 lbs halibut or 1 1/2 lbs swordfish steaks, cut about 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- lemon wedge (optional)
- grilled summer vegetables (optional)
- 1Rinse fish and pat dry.
- 2In a small mixing bowl combine lemon juice, garlic, basil, oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper, brush mixture over fish.
- 3If desired, place fish fillets in a greased grill basket, turning thin ends under to make an even thickness.
- 4Grill on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- 5Grill fillets 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, brushing halfway through grilling with remaining sauce (If fish is 1 inch or thicker, turn halfway through grilling.)
- 6Serve on ti leaves, with lemon wedge and grilled vegetables, if desired.
- 7*Note: If using ti leaves, be sure they have not been sprayed or treated in a way that would make them unsafe for contact with food. Wash them thoroughly before using. Ti leaves can be used as garnish and as wrappers for steaming and grilling food. Although they are not toxic, they should not be eaten.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Speedy Fish Fillet
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 183.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 23.5 g