Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty, mild alternative to meaty chili that includes ground flax seeds to gunk things together. What's extra special about this recipe is that it doesn't take hours to make! It's cornless too for corn is usually difficult to digest, and there's too much corn in everything these days anyway... Another recipe from my crazy experiments in the kitchen!
- 2 cups cooked mixed beans (1 19oz can)
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cremini mushroom, minced
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pinches black pepper
- Drizzle a bit of oil on a frying pan and set heat to medium. Saute onions, carrots, garlic and red bell peppers until they start to brown. Add the mushrooms and cook for another minute, then transfer sauteed vegetables to a pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes, stirring once in a while. Serve hot with pita bread.
WOW! This was surprisingly really good. I added 1/4 cup cream cheese and a little bit of sugar to accommodate my taste, but the original recipe is really good as well. Will definitely make again.