Recipe by caramel
this is such a tasty dish. the bacon and onion really perks up the everyday taste of this recipe. my sister had chicken fettucine one day at a restaurant and had onion added. i decided to try onion and bacon. it is so good and easy. it heats up nicely on the stove top with a bit of cream, parmesan and butter in a saucepan. tasty..and doesn't last long in my house.
- 1 lb cubed cooked chicken breast (seasoned with salt,pepper and garlic salt before cooking)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and chopped (i chopped before i cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cream (depending if you like a looser cream sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, fresh or 1 lb dry fettuccine
- water, for boiling noodles (according to pkg.)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- season chicken, cube and cook until golden brown and cooked through.
- set aside and keep warm.
- cook your diced bacon until crisp~drain and set aside.
- if you have enough stove top space have a pan with your onion in a little olive oil sauteing while bacon and chicken are cooking.
- cream butter till light and fluffy.
- slowly, bit by bit, add cream.
- blend well.
- add parmesan cheese, bit by bit, until fully mixed inches.
- add salt and pepper.
- set aside.
- bring water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- add pasta to bowl of cheese,cream and butter mixture.
- toss well.
- add the chicken,sauteed onion and the cooked bacon.
- toss and top with grated parmesan and fesh cracked black pepper.