Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A perfect dessert to serve after a hearty meal.
- 4 bananas
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the bananas, split them in half lengthwise; place them in a buttered baking dish.
- Combine the sugar, orange juice, nutmeg, cinnamon and sherry in a saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved, then pour over the bananas.
- Dot with coconut oil or butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes; baste them once or twice during baking.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.