Recipe by Abby Girl
Hot...spicy...bold in taste!!! Left over cure can be used on chicken. Start the day ahead to give plenty time for marinating
Chipotle Corinader Cure
- 1⁄4 cup coriander seed
- 1⁄4 cup black peppercorns
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 shallots, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup chipotle chile
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, finely minced
- 2 sparerib racks
Directions See How It's Made
- Chipotle Coriander Cure: Place the coriander and peppercorns in a small dry saute pan over medium heat and toast until the peppercorns begin to smoke. Transfer to a spice grinder and grind finely.
- Mince the garlic and shallots in a food processor. Add the ground spices and chipotle chilies and mince for 10 seconds.
- Add the remaining cure ingredients and process until it becomes a thick paste (makes 2-1/2 cups).
- Rub the cure over the ribs on both sides. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 24.
- To grill: Preheat to medium. Grill the ribs until the meat begins to shrink from the bones, about 45 minutes.
- Roast: Preheat oven to 350. Roast ribs for about 1 hour.