Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 cup frozen corn or 1 cup fresh corn
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in a skillet until onion is tender, but not browned.
- Stir in corn, zucchini, tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until tender.
I had this with brown rice for lunch today. In addition to all the vegetables, I tossed in a handful of green peas as well and garnished the dish with some parsley. It made a very filling meal and a tasty one too! Thanks, Karen!
Very good and very light! Great for a summer side dish! Also very easy to make! So simple yet so good!
I haven't tried this recipe, but I do want to point out to Karen that Spain and Mexico are actually two very different places with very distinct cuisines. The terms Spanish and Mexican are not interchangeable when it comes to food. Just wanted to let you know, it may be considered offensive to some.