These tasty tapas snacks are ready in just 5 minutes, the perfect accompaniment for a drinks, tapas or summer cocktail party. Jamón serrano is a Spanish ham & similar to prosciutto - which you could use instead. Try to use sun ripened (not cold frame) tomatoes - they really make a huge difference to this recipe! This recipe serves 10 to 12 people, with other accompaniments on offer.
- Mix together the chopped tomatoes, garlic clove/s, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Keep the mixture in the fridge until needed.
- To serve, toast the slices of baguette. Spoon a little tomato topping on to each piece of toast.
- Tear the slices of jamón serrano into pieces and put one piece on each slice of bread.
- Arrange on a large attractive plate, sprinkle with chopped basil or flat leaf parsley and eat!