Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 18 mins
Spanish a la espanola, a rabbit dish done the traditional spanish way
- 1 rabbit
- 2 onions
- 12 almonds
- 1 glass white wine
- 1 slice bread, thick and soft (spanish bread is better but any will do)
- salt and pepper
- cut the rabbit and soak in salted water for 1/2 an hour, then rinse with fresh water.
- blanche the almonds and fry together with the bread and parsley. Pound together.
- when browned, remove from heat.
- Fry the onions chopped and the rabbit. when nicely browned add wine, some water and the pounded bread and almonds.
- bring to the boil, then reduce heat and gently simmer for about 2 hours, until tender, stirring frequently.