Recipe by queencuisine_10614254
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This delicious main dish features the lively spices and flavors of Spain, including cumin, paprika, Sherry, almonds and olives. The smoky bacon and Manchego cheese add a bit of decadence to the tasty shrimp and potato base.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1⁄3 cup whole roasted salted almond (Marcona almonds preferred)
- 4 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley, divided
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated manchego cheese (or substitute Parmesan)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large oven-safe skillet, that has a cover, cook bacon over medium heat to desired crispness. Remove to paper towels to drain. Leave a thin layer of bacon drippings in the pan, pour off any excess.
- Add potatoes to reserved bacon drippings, keeping over medium heat. Cover pan and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until browned and tender, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in another large skillet over medium high heat. Add bell pepper and sauté for 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 2 additional minutes.
- Meanwhile combine paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp and shake to coat evenly.
- Add shrimp to pepper mixture and saute for 2 minutes. Add Sherry and broth, and cook until reduced by about half, and shrimp is cooked thru, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
- Stir shrimp mixture into potatoes. Stir in olives, almonds and half of the minced parsley. Sprinkle cheese atop and place skillet in the oven for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Serves 4.