Recipe by Tish
Great for those hot summer afternoons or eating with a spicy paella
Top Review by Salad burnet
This Sangria went over very well at our ribfest barbeque. Very refreshing with ribs and spicy red beans and rice. I did adjust it to my personal taste and recollections of sangria I had back in my college days. I used 2 bottles of Robert Mondavi Merlot. I squeezed in the juice of one whole orange plus the juice of one lemon (could add lime juice as well). Used Triple Sec, omitted club soda. I added half each of orange, lemon and lime slices just before serving. Left out apples, nectarines and peaches. It was light, not too heavy with alchohol, perfect for a hot summer night. We added this to our summer drink list.
- 2 (48 ounce) bottlesfull bodied spanish dry red wine
- 1⁄3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier (or any orange-flavored liquer)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups club soda
- ice cube
- orange slice
- lemon slice
- tart green apple, sliced
- peaches or nectarine, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pitcher, mix together the first 4 ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, add the club soda and plenty of ice cubes.
- Serve very cold garnished with a slice of fruit.
- Note: if using a punch bowl, float the various fruit on top.