Recipe by English_Rose
A speedy midweek meal with Mediterranean holiday flavors. If you don't want to spend time at the stovetop you can bake this dish in the oven. Tip the onion, peppers, chorizo, garlic and oil into an ovenproof dish, then bake for 15 mins at 400F. Stir in the rice, tomatoes and water, cover then bake for a further 20 mins stirring in the shrimp for the final 2 mins.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 ounces chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 9 ounces easy cook basmati rice
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 8 ounces raw peeled shrimp, defrosted if frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the kettle. In a non-stick frying or shallow pan with a lid, fry the onions, peppers, chorizo and garlic in the oil fo 3 mins.Stir in the rice and the chopped tomatoes with 2 cups boiling water, cover then cook on a high heat for 12 mins.Uncover, then stir - the rice should be almost tender.Stir in the shrimp with a splash more water if the rice is looking dry, then cook for another minute until the shrimp are pink and the rice is tender.