Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups water
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- Fry rice, pepper and onions slowly until yellow in a heavy pot.
- Add water,tomato, and spices.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed,approximately 25 min.
- Variation: Subtitute 1 can (16 oz.) tomatoes for fresh.
- Use 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- or use one onion and one bell pepper.
Very good. I didn't have bell pepper, so I didn't add any. A nice recipe!
Easy to make, lots of flavor. I added a very little chili powder and cayenne.
5 stars! Very easy to make. I didn't have fresh or canned tomatoes so I used Rotel tomatoes. Helped spice it up a bit and was very good. Don't leave out the cumin, that's what makes it so wonderful.