- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups water
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry rice, pepper and onions slowly until yellow in a heavy pot.
- Add water,tomato, and spices.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed,approximately 25 min.
- Variation: Subtitute 1 can (16 oz.) tomatoes for fresh.
- Use 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- or use one onion and one bell pepper.