Recipe by ShanH
I'm not sure where this came from. It's been the spanish rice we've used since I was a child. It is different, but very good!
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (2 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix, suggested Lawry's
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute pepper and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in rice, tomatoes, salt, water and spaghetti sauce package.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Place in greased 1 1/2 quart casserole and bake 30 minutes, covered at 350 degrees.
- Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until melted.
- You can sub 3 cans Rotel for the tomatoes to make a spicy version of this rice.