Recipe by LizAnn
This is my own recipe and pretty good at that! We usually eat it on the side of a mexican dish.
Top Review by cookiedog
This was my first time using vermicelli in my rice and I enjoyed it. This made a great side dish to our tacos. Next time I might use just a little less chili powder (personal preference). Thanks for sharing your recipe LizAnn.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1⁄3 cup vermicelli (or you can break up in small pieces extra thin spaghetti)
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) canchopped stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup picante salsa
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- I large skillet, melt margarine.
- add rice, vermicelli, onion and seasonings.
- Brown over med.
- heat (About five minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer on low till rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
- Add extra water if needed.