Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Spanish version of a meat pie. Posted for ZWT 5. Choose to make the filling anyway you like.
Make and share this Spanish Pastelillos (Meat Pies) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cold butter
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup water (approximately)
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped Spanish olives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon spanish capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Dough: Cut butter into sifted flour and salt until like.
- cornmeal. Add enough water to make firm dough. You can do this in the food processor.
- Cover andchill.
- Filling: Fry green peppers, onion, salt in olive oil.
- garlic, olives, capers, Italian seasoning, pepper and paprika.
- Add meat and brown. Add tomato sauce and simmer until cooked.
- set aside to cool.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured board ntil thin.
- Cut into 4-inch rounds. Place 2 tablespoons filling in center.
- Brush edges with egg yolk.
- Fold in half and firmly press edges together.
- Fry at 375 degrees in deep fat until golden brown.