Spanish version of a meat pie. Posted for ZWT 5. Choose to make the filling anyway you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped Spanish olives
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon spanish capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1Dough: Cut butter into sifted flour and salt until like.
- 2cornmeal. Add enough water to make firm dough. You can do this in the food processor.
- 3Cover andchill.
- 4Filling: Fry green peppers, onion, salt in olive oil.
- 5garlic, olives, capers, Italian seasoning, pepper and paprika.
- 6Add meat and brown. Add tomato sauce and simmer until cooked.
- 7set aside to cool.
- 8Roll out dough on lightly floured board ntil thin.
- 9Cut into 4-inch rounds. Place 2 tablespoons filling in center.
- 10Brush edges with egg yolk.
- 11Fold in half and firmly press edges together.
- 12Fry at 375 degrees in deep fat until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Pastelillos (Meat Pies)
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.2
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 132.7 mg
- Sodium 1271.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: