Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious traditional Spanish dessert and is similar to cold custard, but creamier and with a hint of cinnamon.
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 pints milk (not skim)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- Dissolve the cornflour in 1/2 cup cold milk, stir well. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Add the cold milk mixture to the eggs and sugar.
- When the milk is starting to boil, remove the cinamon stick and add the mixture of flour, milk, eggs and sugar.
- Stir well over the heat until the custard thickens. Don't boil.
- Put the natillas into individual bowls or dessert glasses.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon powder.
I did something wrong when cooking this custard, it didn't set. Tasted while it was still warm and it had great flavor, just didn't set. That is why it has 4 stars. The recipe sounded really good and easy to make, will try making it again and let you know how it went. Made for ZWTIII.
I love custard and had to try this one. I made half the recipe only , it is nice and creamy and just a hint of cinnamon. I didn't sprinkle extra cinnamon on top. I will be making this again.Thanks