Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spanish "madeleines", made with oil. You can find them everywhere in Spain, they are sold into big Tupperware or huge paperboard box. I live at the border between France and Spain, and i can tell you that this homemade version tastes exactly the same! very moist, very good ! Before baking, you can sprinkle some sugar on top of each Magdelena, add dried fruits of chocolate chips =)
- 17 teaspoons cornstarch
- 34 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 35 teaspoons white sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kirsch (cherry brandy)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Beat sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the others ingredients, in the order of the list below.
- Fill muffin paper tins(3/4 full, not more) and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden (see my pictures).
- Cool on wire rack, and then keep them into airtight container or iron box.
I made a dozen of these, and just ate one while it was still warm. So light and fluffy, not oily like I thought they would be. This is definitely getting added into my regular baking rotation!
Yum! These are wonderful! I cut the recipe down to make 6 madeleines and I subbed vanilla for the kirsch. Soooo good! I love that I was able to scale it down and only make 6. That is the perfect amount for us. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC.