Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Since both my SO and I both really enjoy SPAM© and Velveeta©.And since he's on a low-carb diet, and I'm not I wanted to try to come up with something that we both would like.And this recipe seemed to hit the spot for both of us.And since this has both the SPAM and Velveeta, I also decided to call it "Redneck Quiche".To make this "True Redneck" please use the SPAM and Velveeta.After cutting the quiche, it will appper to be runny, but that's just the cheese that has melted. Ten Minutes of the prep time is the time that the quiche needs to sit. If you try this I sure hope you enjoy it.Submitted to "ZAAR" on August 15th,2008
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Spam, diced into small cubes
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese, diced into small cubes
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray deep dish pie plate with cooking spray,set aside.
- Mix together first eight ingredients, in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture into prepared pie plate.
- Add SPAM and Velveeta evenly into eggs.
- Bake for 40 minutes until middle puffs up and center is firm.
- Check for doneness by inserting knife near the middle of the quiche.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
Giving it a 5 despite the saltiness; great flavor! Having all the ingredients in the house, this was a breeze to put together, and tastes terrific.
A great idea for the use of Spam. I use Spam normally to either slice for frying or shredded with CheezeWhiz to serve openface on buns. This is a different twist and one that made an easy go-to supper. It baked perfectly in 40 minutes and the only deviance from your recipe was to omit the salt. Made for ThinkPink in honor of BreastCancer Awareness Month~
Nice recipe. I used ham and reg. cheese. Easy and cooked up quickly. Thanks.