Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's kind of a weird but good dinner... kind of Americana...
- 1 (12 ounce) canlight Spam
- 12 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Score top of meat, cutting 12 squares or diamonds, 1 inch deep.
- Insert clove in each square.
- Place meat in ungreased baking pan, 8X8X2 inches, pushing meat to one side of pan.
- Mix preserves, 1 teaspoon water and the mustard; spoon on meat.
- Stir baking mix and 1/4 cup water with fork to a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured cloth-covered board, smooth dough into ball and knead 5 times.
- Roll dough 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into five 2-inch biscuits, place in pan with meat.
- You can also just drop the dough by spoonfuls into the pan.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown and meat is hot, 15-20 minutes.
This is a very good spam recipe. I didn't have whole cloves so I used about 1/8 tsp of ground cloves instead. It worked well.