Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from a Family Circle cookbook. An easy, tasty vegetarian pasta dish. Use other pasta if you prefer and use more olive oil to your taste. Make sure you don't over cook the asparagus and please use fresh Parmesan, not the dehydrated saw dust.
- 16 thin asparagus spears, approx
- 12 ounces spaghettini
- 4 ounces arugula, finely chopped
- 1 -2 small red chile, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the asparagus in 2 inch lengths, steam, cook or microwave until just tender.
- Cook the pasta according the instructions until al dente.
- In the meantime add the arugula, lemon zest, chili, garlic and about 2/3 of the Parmesan to the asparagus Add this to the cooked pasta; pour on the lemon juice and the olive oil, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and top with the remaining Parmesan.
i cut this recipe in half, and it was quick and easy. i also had to add extra olive oil and lemon juice, but the combination of flavors was very good
Love arugula! I did have to add more olive oil! Lots of flavor! I steamed the asparagus in my pasta steamer while the pasta cooked. Very easy and quick!