Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great summer pasta dish. The Feta cheese is a wonderful match for the tomatoes, and the heat of the spaghetti and garlic oil makes the cheese soft. This is a recipe you can change to your own likes. Try using Mozzarella instead of Feta, or using fresh basil, or fresh herbs instead of parsley.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup other black olives, pitted
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- In a large glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, feta, capers, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water until just done, about 12 minutes.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and garlic oil to the tomato mixture and toss.
This was the best tasting pasta dish I have had in a long time! Thank you!
i thought i had commented on this one a while ago!! ::laughs:: THIS IS the best tasting pasta dish i've ever had. it tastes light, different, and DELICIOUS each time. i love this dish. thank you