Recipe by Diane C #2
This is a dish I just threw together one night with things I wanted to use up in my refrigerator. It turned out amazing and made sure I wrote it down. The dish is fresh, slightly creamy and packs a little heat.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 -3 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 -4 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring big pot of water to a boil then salt generously (2 – 3 tbsp).
- While water is coming to a boil start the sauce. Melt 6 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp olive oil. Sauté garlic about 30 seconds, then add onion, tomato, spinach, red pepper flakes and herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sauté for about 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta until al dente (reserve some cooking liquid).
- Add about ½ cup of the cooking liquid to the sauce.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the sauce and combine. Add remaining butter and oil, and stir in feta and parmesan cheese until melted. Add more cooking liquid if necessary.