Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick easy and delicious. Can be made with fresh clams as well. Make sure you have lots of crusty bread to mop up all the yummy juices.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded (discard any that are open)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 8 roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Heat 1/2 olive oil in large pot. Add 1/2 garlic & onion as well as the thyme.
- Add mussels and mix well.
- Add wine and cream. Cover with lid and steam 4-5 minutes. Discard any that do not open.
- In another pot add rest of oil, garlic and onion. Saute lightly. Do not brown.
- Add tomatoes and chili flakes. Saute till tomatoes release their juices. (about 2 min).
- Pour liquid from mussels over tomatoes and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti in water until al dente about 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and mix with tomatoes and mussels. season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.