Recipe by graffeetee
We love the flavors in this recipe. It's like comfort food, hard to stop eating even though you're full. Cutting the asparagus on the diagonal gives a bit of extra visual appeal.
Top Review by lin57
This was a great recipe to use up Easter Ham and some Asparagus I had in the fridge. Quick and easy with great rich flavor. I did increase the cream to about 1/3cup and added the parmesan to the sauce before tossing the pasta in . I sprinkled shredded Parmesan on top just before serving.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch slivers
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb thin spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in evoo in a large skillet.
- Add onion and cook until just starting to brown.
- Add ham and saute briefly.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce the broth just a bit before adding asparagus.
- Add asparagus and simmer briefly. How long depends on how well you like your veggies cooked. If you like some crunch, 2 minutes at the most.
- Add half and half and return to simmer.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the pan and toss all to combine.
- Allow to cook briefly.
- Add Parmesan and toss to combine, then serve.