Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy, healthier version of spaghetti! Shrimp and colorful peppers and onions add a summer feel to this dish my mother and I created one night. Quick with microwave, but if you prefer an oven, bake the squash halves at 350 for about an hour or until soft. Capers would make a good addition to this! Spaghetti sauce has great basic taste so it could be a healthier base to any pasta dish. Serves four for a delicious dinner or a side could serve 8-10.
- Place squash halves open side down on a microwave safe plate with seeds still in and microwave on high for 7-10 minutes, or until soft.
- While squash is in microwave, chop the bell pepper, onions, and colored pepper.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and saute garlic.
- Add shrimp, onions, and both peppers and saute until shrimp are cooked.
- Take squash out of microwave, remove seeds, and scrape out squash with a fork, creating "spaghetti.".
- Transfer shrimp mixture to a bowl and place a plate over it to keep it hot.
- Using the same pan the shrimp were cooked in, saute squash for a minute with a little butter and add salt and pepper.
- Serve spaghetti, top with shrimp, and enjoy!
This is a good recipe but we felt like it missed seasonings. Maybe dried herbs would have more flavor. And even fresh parmesan could be great. Thanks jfresh444 :) Made for PAC spring 2011