1/1 Photo of Spaghetti Sauce Soup
Midwest Maven's Note:
This is a recipe that was born from having no money and still needing to find dinner :) It's a hearty yummy soup, that is super easy to make. Seasonings are all a pretty good guesstimate because I didn't measure as I went along, but I'm usually a pretty good judge on eyeballing it. Also the meat sauce I used was really just 2 leftover meatballs mashed up in leftover sauce, and I'm sure the meat could be left out to make this a vegetarian friendly meal. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (any kind will do, I ended up using one can low sodium and one roasted veggie and herb)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce with meat
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (I used the kind with garlic and herbs)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large pot combine the chicken broth, drained veggies, and the meat spaghetti sauce, with the heat at medium.
- 2In a small skillet saute the onion and garlic until soft and starts to brown a little bit.
- 3Add the onion and garlic to the soup pot, along with the old bay seasoning, worcestershire, and tabasco sauces.
- 4Stir well and add the uncooked egg noodles.
- 5Simmer on medium until the noodles are tender, then turn heat to low and let cook for about 5 minutes more.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti Sauce Soup
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.1
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 895.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spaghetti sauce with meat
Old Bay Seasoning