Recipe by Midwest Maven
This is a recipe that was born from having no money and still needing to find dinner :) It's a hearty yummy soup, that is super easy to make. Seasonings are all a pretty good guesstimate because I didn't measure as I went along, but I'm usually a pretty good judge on eyeballing it. Also the meat sauce I used was really just 2 leftover meatballs mashed up in leftover sauce, and I'm sure the meat could be left out to make this a vegetarian friendly meal. Enjoy!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth (any kind will do, I ended up using one can low sodium and one roasted veggie and herb)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce with meat
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (I used the kind with garlic and herbs)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot combine the chicken broth, drained veggies, and the meat spaghetti sauce, with the heat at medium.
- In a small skillet saute the onion and garlic until soft and starts to brown a little bit.
- Add the onion and garlic to the soup pot, along with the old bay seasoning, worcestershire, and tabasco sauces.
- Stir well and add the uncooked egg noodles.
- Simmer on medium until the noodles are tender, then turn heat to low and let cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.