Recipe by Mad City Pug Lady
One of our family favorites. This is the first attempt to write it down.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, slices
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1 cup provolone cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and cook until softened. Add mushrooms; cook until lightly browned. Remove from heat and drain excess moisture with paper towel.
- Spray 9-inch pie crust; add breadcrumbs.
- Mix spaghetti, eggs, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, ricotta and parsley. Put mixture into pie pan to form "crust.".
- Spoon sauce over pie (as you would a pizza). Top with mushroom-onion mixture. Place pie in oven for 30 minutes. Check pie periodically. If pie browns too quickly, cover with foil.
- Remove pie from oven. Cover with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven for additional 10 minutes.