Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an old Weight Watchers recipe that my late husband loved. I always made it on his birthday.
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 ounces cooked ground beef, crumbled
- 1 cup canned chopped tomato, reserve liquid
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare crust: In medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Spray a 9 inch glass pie plate with nonstick cooking spray; spread spaghetti mixture over bottom and up sides of pie plate to form a crust.
- Prepare filling: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Carefully spread ricotta cheese over bottom of crust and set aside.
- Heat margarine in a skillet until bubbly and hot; add onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute until onion is translucent. Add beef, tomatoes, reserved liquid, and tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and throughly heated; spoon beef mixture over ricotta cheese and bake until pie is thoroughly heated, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle pie with mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted and just begins to brown, about 5 minutes; remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.