Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I know other spaghetti pie recipes come out more like an actual pie. Where I come from, spaghetti pie is better classified as a deep dish spaghetti casserole. But "Spaghetti Deep Dish Casserole" just doesn't sound right. ;)
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups cooked thin spaghetti or 4 cups vermicelli
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown meat in large non-stick skillet over medium heat; drain well and return to pan.
- Add salt, pepper and tomato sauce; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, green onions and cream cheese; set aside.
- Place cooked spaghetti noodles in a lightly greased 2qt casserole dish, layer sour cream mixture over the top; layer meat mixture over sour cream layer, top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.