Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My sister gave this to me about 50 years ago and have been using it ever since
- 2 (4 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (4 ounce) cans water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 -2 lb ground beef or 1 -2 lb ground turkey
- seasoning, to taste (I use 1 tsp. thyme, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, 3 bay leaves)
- Put 1 1/2 cans tomato sauce and onion soup mix and 2 cans water in sauce pan.
- and cook on low with spices.
- Take other 1/2 can tomato sauce and more seasonings and add to hamburger mix good and and shape into balls, then place meatballs in pam sprayed skillet and brown then add them to sauce mix and simmer until sauce is to thickness you like.
- Cook Spaghetti and serve with sauce.
- I just season hamburger or ground turkey sometimes and brown it in skillet then add to sauce in place of making meatballs.
- Serve with garlic bread or toast.
This was lovely, thank you so much for posting.