Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Taste.com.au website.
Make and share this Spaghetti Marinara recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to toss
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 (410 g) cans crushed tomatoes
- 500 g spaghetti
- 500 g prawns
- 300 g black mussels, washed, de-bearded
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and wine, and simmer 2 minutes. Add paste and crushed tomatoes, and simmer 15-20 minutes further, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened. Season well.
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and toss in a little olive oil.
- Add prawns and mussels to tomato sauce, cover with lid and cook 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat, discarding any mussels that do not open.
- Stir in parsley, then toss the sauce through the pasta and serve.