Spaghetti Marinara With Chickpea “Meatballs”
photo by hello
- Ready In:
- 375 g spaghetti, cooked gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 75 g white onions, minced
- 15 g garlic, minced
- 225 g chickpeas, cooked
- 10 g parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 44 g almond meal
- 25 g flour, gluten-free
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 g garlic, finely chopped
- 400 g crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Make the marinara sauce. Sautee garlic in olive oil. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine flax seed meal and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Sautee garlic and onions until translucent. Leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Combine chickpeas, sauteed garlic and onions, parsley, basil, oregano, flaxseed mixture, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Mix chickpea puree with almond meal and flour.
- Form “meatballs” approximately 30 grams each.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet and brown the “meatballs” over medium heat, turning constantly. About 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve over spaghetti with marinara sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!