Gluten Free Rustic Apricot Slice
photo by The Blender Girl
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 1⁄4 ounces organic butter (90gm)
- 1⁄3 cup Agave
- 1 organic egg
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup white rice flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup organic shredded coconut
- 8 7⁄8 ounces dried apricots (250 gms)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 30 g organic butter (1 ounce)
- 1 organic egg
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 100 g butter (3.5 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup organic pineapple juice
- Cream the butter and sweetener in a stand mixer or electric beater.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, and beat well.
- Fold in the sifted flours and coconut and mix well.
- Spread mixture over base of shallow baking tin of about 30cm by 25cm /12 inches by 10 inches, and bake in moderate hot oven 190C/375 for 10 minutes.
- Place the apricots in the water and stand for 1 hour.
- Put apricots and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in sweeteners and butter. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Allow To Cool – Blend until smooth. Gently beat your egg and fold.
- Put rolled oats and coconut into food processor and add in juice and butter and pulse just a few times in order to get a rustic consistency.
- Bake in oven at 190 C / 375 F for 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 180 C / 350 and cook for a further 15-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let stand to completely cool and it will harden slightly, making it easier to cut.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!