Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great recipe to use up any leftover spaghetti, it's really tasty too, it is one of those "just throw in anything" type of casseroles.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- seasoning salt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can canned corn niblets
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- Break the spaghetti into pieces, and boil until firm-tender about 10 minutes (do not over cook, leave firm!); drain.
- Brown the ground beef with onion, garlic, green pepper and mushrooms; drain any fat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients; simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the cooked spaghetti.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Bake in a 325 oven for about 40-45 minutes.
- If desired top with more grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese the last 15 minutes of baking.
This is very easy to do and a good quantity for leftover. For my serving, I decided to add cheese on top. I used maybe 1 lb of fresh mushrooms. I omitted garlic cloves. I used 1 teaspoon of chili powder. Thanks Kit :) Made for 123 hit wonders.
Great comfort food! I used all mozzerella cheese. This makes a big casserole--leftovers were great!
Mmmmmm!Delicious! Real comfort food!! Quick and easy meal! Thanks again Kit for a great recipe! Made as is!