Recipe by Manami
Better Homes and Gardens was running an article about spaghetti and different ways of cooking it. This is one of them, I hope you like it! ;)
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 lbs uncooked ground turkey breast or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced (watch out for your eyes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 16 ounces multigrain spaghetti or 16 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or 16 ounces regular spaghetti
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups milk
- salt (optional, if using use sparingly at first)
- 4 ounces gouda cheese, shredded
- fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375º F.
- In bowl stir together egg whites, oil, milk, chili powder, 1 teaspoons black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- In large bowl combine turkey, onion, bread crumbs, jalapenos, and chopped cilantro.
- Fold egg white mixture into turkey mixture; mix well.
- Shape turkey mixture in 1-1/2-inch balls.
- Place on a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until no longer pink (170º F).
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti, with 1 tablespoon salt added to water, according to package directions; drain & keep warm.
- In same pan used for pasta melt cream cheese over low heat; add milk.
- Cook, stirring, until bubbly.
- Return spaghetti to pan; toss to coat with cream cheese mixture.
- Serve spaghetti with meatballs, cheese, and cilantro.