Recipe by KissKiss
Amazing chicken chili that's low-fat, as long as you don't go nuts with the garnishes. You can substitute cilantro for the parsley, if you prefer.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mild green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup tomatillo salsa (I like medium heat in this recipe)
- 14 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed (cannellini or great northern)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream, for garnish
- shredded cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through (about five minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the other tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until tender (about three minutes). Add the garlic and saute for one more minute.
- Add the chilis, salsa, chicken broth, cumin, and oregano and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Add the chicken and beans, increase the heat, and cook for five more minutes. Stir in the lime juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.