Recipe by Mille®
Here's a zingy soup to warm you up on a cold night. Low fat, too.
Top Review by smiles4u
I made this soup over the weekend. It was a very good soup. I used all chicken broth (instead of broth and water) and used the diced tomoatoes with chilies instead of the seperate items. I also added more chili powder as we prefer a little more spice. I took the leftovers to work and shared with everyone. it was a big hit with everyone and I'm sure I will make this soup again and again. Thanks for posting.
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 7 1⁄4 ounces diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup frozen cut corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen cut green beans
- 2 ounces canned diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 cup diced Spanish onion
- 2 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 corn tortillas, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- grated monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- crumbled corn tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the soup ingredients in a large saucepan or soup pot over high heat.
- Be sure to mince the corn tortillas into small pieces with a sharp knife before adding them to the soup.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the soup has thickened and tortilla pieces have mostly dissolved.
- To serve soup, ladle 1½ cups into a bowl.
- Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the grated cheddar/jack cheese blend over the top of the soup, and then a heaping tablespoon of crumbled corn tortilla chips over the cheese.
- For Vegetarian use the vegetable broth.