1/5 Photos of Southwestern Tri-Tip Steaks
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Loaded with cilantro and lime, this tri-tip steak is marinated in beer, wine and spices. The recipe as it stands produces a pretty mild result. Choose a dark beer for a richer flavor and, to increase the heat level, add more red pepper flakes or toss in a chopped up jalapeno pepper. (The seeds and membranes hold the most heat in a pepper, so you can further adjust heat levels that way.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together all ingredients except steaks and place steaks in a large baking dish or zip-lock bag. Pour the marinade over the steaks and chill in the fridge for several (up to 24) hours.
- 2Bring steaks to room temperature (about 30 minutes) and preheat grill.
- 3Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until they reach desired doneness, then let steaks rest, covered with foil, for 5 minutes to redistribute juices.
- 4Slice thinly against the grain and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Tri-Tip Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.4
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 732.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: