Balsamic Sirloin Steaks
photo by Hey Jude
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks (1 inch thick)
- salt and pepper
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine vinegar, oil, basil, mustard, garlic and sugar; mix well.
- Add steak, turn to coat and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook, remove steak and discard marinade.
- Grill steak 17 to 21 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slice steak crosswise and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was wonderful, Mike thought it was a little too strong so in the interest of fairness to his tastebuds I only gave this 4 stars, but I loved it. I cut the sugar since I used a very good balasmic vin. and marinated it for about 7 hours (while I was at work). We grilled it and some of the marinade did char on the grill which added to my enjoyment but not Mikes. If you don't like char make sure there is no basil on the meat and pat it dry b4 grilling. We like rare meat so grilled for only 5 minutes per side. I will make this again and look forward to sharring it with friends. Thank you.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Kansas City area and have many hobbies including cooking, reading and spending time with my husband and two children who are very active in sports now. I also have an eBay business which is a fun hobby that makes a little extra money! My interest in cooking focuses on making healthy dishes that are more satisfying than the higher fat and higher sugar versions. If I had a month off with no responsibilities, I would spend it at a luxury spa. <br /> <br /></p>